We have had this stroller for quite sometime. It was well loved and falling apart. Before my little girl came to love it, it was well loved by three other little girls as well. The cover barely held on anymore and eventually was thrown to the side. It wasn't unusual to see my little one strolling her baby along on just the frame. Thankfully the frame was still intact and strong. It felt wasteful to just toss it out and buy a new one when I could sew a new cover easily.
I took the old cover and my handy seam ripper and took it apart. I kept the Velcro straps so that I could sew them to the new cover.
Next, I used the existing fabric to trace the pattern. Finally, I pinned everything together and sewed it up. The final cover isn't perfect, but it works - and my little girl couldn't be happier!
No comments:
Post a Comment